It’s that time of the year again! Fall! The best time if you ask me. My German blood is flowing this time of year and I have lots planned!
Check out our New Fall Catering Menu! For all you German Folk! This is one of our busiest times of the year!
WellBeing Kitchen Catering Oktoberfest Specials
Main entrée specials Call (715)-410-5231
German Style Spare Ribs -$15.95 these ribs will melt in your mouth! Slow roasted ribs in Sauerkraut, baked potatoes, mini corn soufflés, and a slice of fresh baked apple strudel. Better than Grandma’s!
Sauerbraten -$14.95 it doesn’t get any more traditional than this meal! Slow roasted beef w/ traditional spicy braten gravy, fresh handmade potato dumplings or spatzle, red cabbage salad, fresh baked rolls or bread, and a slice of Blechuchen –This yummy traditional German cake is topped with toasted almonds and filled with Bavarian cream!
Rouladen Beef Rolls –$13.95 these will cause you to over eat! Roasted beef rolls filled with multi-colored carrots and sweet onions served with fluffy melt in your mouth mashed potatoes and a rich beef gravy, mini sweet corn soufflés, garden fresh side salad, and a slice of sweet spice cake with nutmeg streusel!
Oktoberfest Luncheon- $11.95 Grilled Knockwurst, Bratwurst, sauerkraut, German Potato Salad and fresh baked assorted fall cookies. All you have to bring is the beer!!
Other Menu Specials include-
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup $5.99 with fresh baked bread and fresh baked fall cookie
Fall Spice Cakes w/Nutmeg Streusel, ¼ sheet cake $34.99, ½ sheet $52.95, full sheet $84.99
Fresh Baked Sugar & Spice Cookies, $11.99 per dozen. These cookies smell like fall!!
Beautifully Decorated Halloween/Fall Cookies $2.00 each minimum order of 12. Choose from assorted shapes.
Black Forest Cakes -layered 8” round $42.99, 10” round $62.99
*Drinks- Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, water, milk, gourmet coffee, or sparkling water are available for an extra charge.
**All cakes and treats are made from scratch, using the best ingredients available. Most items are available entirely organic for an extra charge. Most orders only require 24hr advance notice. Call 715-410-5231
Delivery fees apply. Most orders have a minimum order of 6-10 servings depending on the item.
WellBeing Kitchen Catering 715-410-5231 1901-C 60th Ave Osceola, WI 54020
German cooking at it’s finest! I grew up with very German grandparents. Some of these recipes are adapted from my grandma Miller and my father Jerry Miller! Love my pops! He makes the best German potato salad ever!
Many of the traditional German recipes were originally made with venison! Got a love it!
Hope you enjoy my favorite recipe for fall spice cake!
The frosting is so creamy and smooth. It’s basically a seven minute frosting we adapted with brown sugar instead of white sugar. Last year my dad and I worked together on testing out new ways to get the frosting extra fluffy. The spice cake is mild and has just the right combination of flavors that really compliment the frosting. It’s all about the frosting on this cake!
Grandpa’s Birthday Spice Cake
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I prefer fresh grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup butter milk or whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Whisk dry ingredients and spices in a large bowl. Mix milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Beat softened butter into dry ingredients, first on low, then medium, until mixture forms pebble-sized pieces. Add about 1/3 of the milk mixture and beat on low until smooth. Add remaining milk mixture in two stages; beat on medium speed until batter is just smooth. Add the sugar; beat until just incorporated. Pour batter into cake pans.
- Bake until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the cake’s center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Set pans on a wire rack; let cool for 5 minutes. Turn cakes onto rack. Let cool.
Sea Foam Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup of water
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer set over a saucepan of simmering water, combine sugar, corn syrup, cream of tartar, 1/4 cup water, and egg whites. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 2 minutes.
Attach bowl to a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat mixture on high speed until glossy and voluminous, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Use immediately
We hope to hear from you soon!
- Celebrate Oktoberfest (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Orange-Scented Cream Cheese Frosting (blogcritics.org)